Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Calm Before the Storm

Well, here we are- less than 24 hours to go before the big game. When the NFC championship went final, my first thought was that two weeks was a fairly reaonable amount of time between Championship Sunday and the Super Bowl. If there were any injuries [such as Gronkowski's, let's say- NANESB!] two weeks is a pretty reasonable time to convalesce.

Heck, I even thought that during the Pro Bowl last week.

However, as the hype that's been building up around the Super Bowl, Media Day and the halftime show performane over the past week, I felt compelled to paraphrase Monty Python: 'Get on With It!'. So if you've noticed a distinct lack of pre-game coverage on my part, chalk it up to a lack of interest in these pre-game rituals and traditionds that I think cross the line into absurd.

Even though they're not heading into the Super Bowl undefeated like the last time, I like New England's chances. Yet just like Vancouver's 2 meetings with Boston in the regular season prior to last season's Stanley Cup Final, I don't think we can take away too much from a regular season meeting between the Patriots and Giants in Foxborough.

Supebowl XLVI between the New England Patriots and New York Giants gets underway at 6:30 PM ET on NBC.

With that said, go Patriots!

No comments:

Post a Comment