Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day From Not Another New England Sports Blog!


Believe it or not, I actually have plans this Valentine's Day. Although I could fudge and claim that it involves a weekend romantic getaway of some sort with a Brooklyn Decker look-alike, instead I'll just say that I'm picking up some seasonal work.

But what would Valentine's Day be without an homage to pin-ups....particularly the artistry of the incomparable Gil Elvgren?

If we're to take the title of this 1959 portrait at face value, then this golden tressed beauty goes by the moniker of Mona. Actually, this particular Elvgren piece has the dual title of Mona/Heartwarming.

While this portrait is from Elvgren's tenure with Brown & Bigelow, it doesn't appear to be an ad for any specific sponsor, which leads me to believe that Mona/Heartwarming might've been done for a promotional calendar or deck of cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment