Friday, November 13, 2009

September 11th Mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed; 4 Other Terrorists to Face Civilian Trial in NYC.

The Boston Herald has more on this amazingly bad bad bad idea.

WASHINGTON — Self-proclaimed Sept. 11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four other Guantanamo Bay detainees will be sent to New York for trial in a civilian U.S. court and prosecutors expect to seek the death penalty, Attorney General Eric Holder said today.

At a news conference, the attorney general said five other suspects, including a major suspect in the bombing of the USS Cole warship, Abdul al-Rahim al-Nashiri, will be tried before a military commission.

By moving the trial to a civilian court in New York, Mohammed and al-Nashiri will be guaranteed certain rights under the U.S. Constitution.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Foreign nationals who had been plotting mass-casualty terrorist attacks that killed thousands of Americans will be afforded the same due process as a motorist pulled over for a broken tail light.

This country has officially slipped back into a September 10th mindset by taking the fight to the courtrooms.

1 comment:

  1. National Security and recognizing our enemies is so one of the failed policies of the last 8 years.