Monday, January 2, 2012

Ringing in the New Year at Not Another New England Sports Blog!


A little late with this one, but in my defense I never said anything about being punctual as part of my New Years resolutions. Also, I figure if long-standing New Year's Day institutions like the Rose Bowl (or more recent ones like the NHL's Winter Classic) can get pushed back by a day, then where's the harm in me following suit?

I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish all of you a Happy New Years. The past 10 days or so have been pretty hectic for yours truly and it was probably pretty apparent with the fairly sparse updating.

The mischievous raven-tressed beauty shown at the stroke of midnight above is from pin-up artist Bill Randall. Randall, who attended the Art Institute of Chicago and reportedly did anti-nazi propagnda posters for the French Resistance during WWII.

After the war, Randall did covers and artwork for magazines like Glamour, American Weekly and Esquire as well as print ads for Palmolive, General Motors and 3M. Starting in 1953, Randall's artwork was published in a series of datebooks and calendars bearing his name.

I'm not certain of the name of the title and exact date of this piece, but thought it would be worth sharing nonetheless.

1 comment: